Writing a motivation letter for scholarship can be a daunting task, but it’s also an important opportunity to explain why you are a good candidate for the scholarship and how receiving it would benefit you.
A motivation letter, also known as a personal statement or a cover letter, is a short piece of writing that you submit as part of your scholarship application. It’s an opportunity for you to tell the scholarship committee about yourself, your goals and aspirations, and why you are a good fit for the scholarship.
Things to keep in mind for writing a motivation letter for scholarship
When writing a motivation letter for a scholarship, there are a few key things to keep in mind:
- Start by introducing yourself and explaining why you are applying for the scholarship. This is your chance to make a good first impression, so make sure to include relevant information about yourself and your achievements.
- Outline your academic and professional achievements, and highlight any awards or accomplishments that make you a strong candidate for the scholarship. This is your chance to showcase your skills and abilities, so make sure to include relevant examples of your work or experiences.
- Discuss your goals and aspirations, and explain how receiving the scholarship would help you achieve them. This is an important part of your motivation letter, as it shows the scholarship committee why you are deserving of the award and how it will benefit you.
- Talk about your passion for your chosen field of study, and explain how it has influenced your decision to pursue further education. This is your opportunity to show the scholarship committee why you are passionate about your chosen field and why you are a good fit for the scholarship.
- Conclude by thanking the scholarship committee for considering your application and reiterating your interest in the scholarship. This is your chance to leave a lasting impression and to show the scholarship committee that you are serious about your application.
You Can check the Below example of motivation letter:
Remember to keep your motivation letter concise and to the point, and avoid including unnecessary information. Make sure to proofread your letter carefully to ensure that it is free of spelling and grammar errors.
In conclusion, writing a motivation letter for a scholarship can be a challenging task, but it’s also an important opportunity to showcase your skills and abilities. By following the tips outlined above, you can create a compelling and effective motivation letter that will help you stand out from the competition and increase your chances of receiving a scholarship. Good luck with your application!
You can use this template to apply for:
- Chulabhorn Graduate Institute Scholarship 2023 in Thailand
- AIT Scholarships in Thailand 2022 | Fully-Funded
- Kyoto University Scholarship in Japan 2022-2023 | Fully Funded