The California Scholarship Federation (CSF) is a statewide organization that has been providing scholarships and educational opportunities to students since 1923. In the nearly 100 years since its founding, CSF has awarded over $600 million in scholarships to more than 200,000 students. As we look to the future, we are committed to continuing our tradition of excellence in scholarship service. In 2023, we will be awarding $1 billion in scholarships to California students.
This will be the largest amount of money ever awarded by a single organization in the state of California. We are proud to be able to offer this level of support to California students, and we are confident that our scholarship program will continue to make a positive impact on the lives of those who receive them.
The California Scholarship Federation (CSF) is a statewide, student-run organization that provides scholarships and recognition to academically successful high school students. CSF also provides leadership opportunities and community service opportunities for its members.
CSF was founded in 1921 by a group of high school students who wanted to create an organization to recognize academic achievement and provide scholarship assistance to students. Today, CSF has chapters in nearly every high school in California, and it continues to provide scholarships and recognition to academically successful students.
What are the requirements to join?
In order to join the California Scholarship Federation, students must:
- Be in grades 9-12
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Complete an application and submit it to their school’s CSF coordinator
To be eligible for membership, students must meet certain academic requirements and complete an application process. Once accepted into CSF, members are required to maintain their good grades and participate in volunteer activities. Members can also participate in leadership development programs, attend conferences, and receive discounts on college prep courses.
Once the coordinator has received and reviewed the applications, they will invite eligible students to join. Induction into CSF is an honor and a commitment, and members are expected to uphold the standards of the organization.
Types of Scholarships offered by California Scholarship Federation
There are four types of scholarships offered by the California Scholarship Federation:
The Academic Scholarship, The Community Service Scholarship, The Visual and Performing Arts Scholarship, and The Credential Scholarship.
- The Academic Scholarship is awarded to students who have maintained a high GPA throughout their time in CSF. This scholarship is renewable for up to four years of college.
- The Community Service Scholarship is awarded to students who have demonstrated a commitment to serving their community through volunteerism and service learning. This scholarship is renewable for up to four years of college.
- The Visual and Performing Arts Scholarship is awarded to students who have demonstrated excellence in the arts through their involvement in CSF-sponsored events and activities. This scholarship is renewable for up to four years of college.
- The Credential Scholarship is awarded to students who have met all the requirements for the CSF Seal of Approval on their high school diploma or transcript. This scholarship is renewable for up to four years of college.
What are the benefits of being a member?
There are many benefits to being a member of the California Scholarship Federation (CSF). As a member, you will have access to exclusive scholarships and financial aid opportunities, as well as exclusive networking events and career development resources. You will also gain valuable leadership experience and be able to give back to your community through CSF’s service initiatives. Most importantly, you will become part of a supportive community of like-minded students who are committed to academic excellence and personal growth.
How to become a member of California Scholarship Federation
The California Scholarship Federation (CSF) is a statewide organization that provides academic recognition and college scholarships to students in grades 7-12. To become a member of CSF, students must first meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Attend a CSF participating school
- Enroll in at least one CSF approved course
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Earn passing grades in all courses attempted
- Complete 10 hours of community service for each semester of membership
Once students have met the eligibility requirements, they can then fill out an application and submit it to their school’s CSF advisor. If approved, students will be inducted into CSF during a special ceremony and will receive a membership card and pin.
The California Scholarship Federation (CSF) is an organization that provides scholarships to students who have demonstrated academic excellence. CSF has been around since 1923 and provides scholarships to students attending college in California. In 2023, CSF will be providing scholarships to students attending college in California who demonstrate financial need. If you are a student who meets the criteria for CSF, we encourage you to apply for our scholarship program.