Every year, the New Zealand government offers scholarships to international students who want to study in the country. New Zealand scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate academic excellence and show a commitment to their chosen field of study. In this blog post, we will provide an overview of the New Zealand scholarship program and how you can apply for one. We will also share some tips on what you can do to increase your chances of being awarded a scholarship. If you are thinking about studying in New Zealand, read on for more information.
New Zealand is a renowned study destination for international students. It offers a unique education experience with its world-class facilities and experienced teaching staff. Scholarships are available for international students to Study in New Zealand. There are many reasons why you should consider studying in New Zealand. The country has a strong reputation for academic excellence, and its universities are consistently ranked among the best in the world. In addition, New Zealand offers a unique education experience with its world-class facilities and experienced teaching staff.
Scholarships are available for international students to study in New Zealand. These scholarships can help cover the costs of your tuition, accommodation, and living expenses. There are a number of different scholarships available, so be sure to do your research to find one that suits your needs and requirements.
Description of New Zealand Scholarships in 2023
- Country: New Zealand
- Study Level: Bachelors, Masters, PhD
- Coverage: Fully Funded
Benefits of New Zealand Government Scholarships
The New Zealand government offers a number of scholarships for international students who wish to study in the country. These scholarships provide financial assistance to help cover the cost of tuition, travel, and living expenses. In addition, they offer opportunities to gain valuable work experience and build professional networks.
Some of the benefits of New Zealand government scholarships include:
- Financial assistance: Scholarships can help cover the cost of tuition, travel, and living expenses, making it easier for students to afford a quality education in New Zealand.
- Work experience: Many scholarships include an internship or work placement component, giving students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience in their field of interest.
- Professional networks: Scholarships provide access to a network of professionals who can offer advice and support throughout your career.
Eligibility Criteria for New Zealand Scholarships
- To be eligible for a New Zealand Scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of a country that has an agreement with New Zealand
- Be aged 18 years or over but not have turned 24 years old at the time you begin your scholarship
- Have achieved excellent academic results
- Meet any specific criteria required by the scholarship provider, such as being from a particular country or region, or having studied a particular subject
- Not have previously undertaken study at tertiary level
- Meet health and character requirements.
1# New Zealand Government Scholarships 2023
The New Zealand Government Scholarships are now open for international students to study in New Zealand. These scholarships are offered by the New Zealand government to encourage international students to come and study in New Zealand.
There are a number of scholarships available, each with different eligibility criteria. Check out the list of scholarships below and see if you are eligible to apply:
- Academic Excellence Scholarship: For high-performing students who have achieved excellent results in their academic studies.
- Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship: For outstanding leaders who have demonstrated leadership skills and potential.
- Emerging Leaders Scholarship: For young leaders aged 18-25 who show promise as future leaders.
If you meet the eligibility criteria for any of these scholarships, we encourage you to apply! The application process is simple and straightforward, and our team is here to support you every step of the way. Visit our website today to learn more and start your application.
2# University of Otago Scholarships in New Zealand
The University of Otago offers a number of scholarships for international students who wish to study at the university. These scholarships are available for both undergraduate and postgraduate students, and they can be used to cover the cost of tuition, accommodation, and other expenses.
Some of the scholarships that are available include the Otago International Excellence Scholarship, which is worth up to $20,000 per year, and the Otago International Postgraduate Scholarship, which is worth up to $15,000 per year. There are also a number of smaller scholarships that are available for specific courses or programs.
To be eligible for any of these scholarships, you must first meet the general entry requirements for the University of Otago. You can find out more about these requirements on the university website. Once you have met the entry requirements, you will need to submit an application form and supporting documents.
The deadline for scholarship applications is typically in mid-November each year. However, it is important to check with the university for the most up-to-date information. You can find out more about scholarship applications and deadlines on the university website.
3# Wellington Scholarships in New Zealand
The Wellington Scholarships are awarded to international students from selected countries for postgraduate study at Victoria University of Wellington. The scholarships are worth NZ$10,000 per year for up to two years and are tenable for Masters or PhD study.
To be eligible for a Wellington Scholarship, applicants must:
- have completed their undergraduate degree within the last two years with excellent results
- be citizens of, and currently residing in, one of the following countries: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, China (Mainland), Colombia, Ecuador, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Singapore South Korea or Thailand
- be planning to enrol full-time in a Master’s or PhD programme at Victoria University of Wellington
- meet English Language requirements
- not already hold a New Zealand scholarship.
4# University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship
The University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship offers a full tuition waiver and a living stipend to high-achieving international students. The scholarship is open to students from any country who are enrolled in or intending to enrol in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the University of Waikato.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must have achieved excellent academic results in their previous studies and demonstrate outstanding leadership potential. Preference will be given to students who have not previously studied in New Zealand.
Successful applicants will receive a full tuition waiver for the duration of their studies at the University of Waikato, as well as a living stipend of NZD$20,000 per year. The scholarship is tenable for up to four years for an undergraduate degree and three years for a postgraduate degree.
5# Lincoln University International Taught Master Merit Scholarships
Lincoln University is one of New Zealand’s leading research-led universities. The university offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, as well as world-class research facilities.
The Lincoln University International Taught Master Merit Scholarships are available to high-achieving international students who wish to study a taught master’s degree at the university. The scholarships are worth up to NZD $10,000 and will be awarded based on academic merit.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of an eligible country
- Hold a bachelor’s degree with first or upper second class honours from a recognised institution
- Meet the English language requirements for their chosen programme of study
Applications for the Lincoln University International Taught Master Merit Scholarships are now open and will close on 31st August 2019. For more information and to apply, please visit the Lincoln University website. If you want to apply for New Zealand scholarships make sure to apply for this scholarship.
6# University of Canterbury (UC) Scholarships
The University of Canterbury (UC) offers a range of scholarships for international students, including academic merit-based scholarships, need-based scholarships, and scholarships for specific courses of study.
Academic merit-based scholarships are awarded to students who have achieved excellent academic results in their previous studies. Need-based scholarships are awarded to students who can demonstrate financial need. Scholarships for specific courses of study are awarded to students undertaking study in specific areas, such as engineering or science.
UC also offers a number of allowances and discounts to international students, including a discount on tuition fees for students from Pacific Island nations, and an accommodation allowance for students from developing countries. If you want to apply for New Zealand scholarships programme make sure to apply for this scholarship. You can also apply for New Zealand pacific scholarships if you want.
List of New Zealand Universities Without IELTS
If you want to study in New Zealand you can apply fro following universities in New Zealand.
- University of Auckland
- Victoria University of Wellington
- University of Canterbury
- Massey University
- Lincoln University
- University of Otago
- University of Waikato
Scholarships for international students New Zealand
More Scholarships that you can apply: