The Swiss Government offers scholarships in Switzerland to international students who wish to pursue graduate studies in Switzerland. The Federal Commission for Switzerland Scholarships and Mobility (FZS) awards the prestigious Swiss Federal Scholarships (SFS) to students who wish to pursue Masters or PhD degrees at Swiss universities, as well as scholarships to students who aim to do an internship in a company in Switzerland, as part of their academic curriculum. The amount of the scholarship will be between CHF 8,000 and CHF 20,000 per year, which you will receive tax-free if you are working under an employment contract with the same employer that sponsors your studies.
To continue your education in Switzerland, you will need to be able to fund it. Luckily, the Swiss government offers many different switzerland scholarships to help you do this; you can use these to fund your whole education or just help with tuition fees as part of a larger scholarship package. This article provides an overview of different types of switzerland scholarships available and how to apply for them.
The Swiss Government offers a range of switzerland scholarships for international students, including the Swiss Federal Council Scholarship and the Swiss Partnership Programme. The Swiss Federal Council Scholarship is awarded to outstanding students from all over the world who are interested in gaining an understanding of Switzerland’s political system and its history.
The scholarship includes a monthly allowance for living expenses and reimbursement for travel costs. The Swiss Partnership Programme is a joint project between the German-Speaking University Rectors’ Conference (HRK) and universities in Switzerland that aims to promote partnerships between institutions of higher education in Germany and Switzerland by awarding switzerland scholarships to outstanding students from one country or both countries.
List of Switzerland Scholarships 2023 for international students
Following is List of Switzerland Scholarships 2023 for international students
1# Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship 2023 for international students:
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship 2023 for international students a prestigious switzerland scholarships that provides a monthly payment of CHF 1,500 during the course of study. The scholarship is available to international undergraduate and master’s degree students enrolled at one of Switzerland’s public universities.
2# EPFL Excellence Scholarships 2023
Excellent switzerland scholarships are available for international students to study in Switzerland. EPFL Excellence Scholarships 2023, offered by the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL), provide full tuition and living expenses to up to five highly qualified Master’s students from around the world. The requirements are an excellent academic record, fluency in English, and a commitment to studying at EPFL for one year.
3# UNIL Graduate Degree Scholarship 2023
The UNIL Graduate Degree scholarships for international students Switzerland are available to international students who have successfully completed a graduate degree in one of the following fields: Law, Economics, Social and Political Sciences, Psychology.
4# CERN Short Term Internships in Switzerland
The CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research) is the world’s largest particle physics laboratory and one of the few labs in the world to house a proton-proton collider. These physicists are seeking to answer some of our most fundamental questions about matter, energy, space and time. To do so, they use their cutting-edge research tools and technologies to conduct experiments at the Large Hadron Collider.
List of top Switzerland scholarships
The list below are a few of the best switzerland scholarships for international students.
- Swiss-Asia Scholarship Programme: 2,000 CHF per month for one year; 10,000 CHF for two years. Tenable at any accredited university in Switzerland.
- HES-SO Valais Wallis Foundation: 1,500 CHF per month for one year; 6,000 CHF for two years. Tenable at any accredited university in Switzerland.
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETHZ): One ETHZ’s Annual Student Scholarship is worth between 3,000 and 4,800 CHF (depending on programme). You must be an undergraduate or graduate student to be eligible. You will also need to demonstrate financial need as well as academic excellence. To receive this scholarship you must either apply to ETHZ directly or take the test set by the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation. It is worth noting that not every department offers a scholarship like this so make sure you check beforehand.
- Franklin university switzerland scholarships
Tips for Studying Abroad in Switzerland
If you’re interested in studying abroad, it’s important to know the pros and cons before making a decision. Studying abroad is an incredible opportunity, but it also means being away from home for a long time. If you do decide to go, here are some things you should think about:
-When is the best time to study abroad? – How can I afford it? – What skills will I gain? – Will my degree be recognized back home?
Applying for a Schengen Visa in US
The Schengen visa allows a person to travel freely throughout the 26 European countries that are part of the Schengen Agreement. In order to get a Schengen visa, an applicant must prove they have enough funds for their stay and provide information about their occupation and employer.
If you want to apply for a Schengen Visa in US, you must first get a form (or Schengen Visa Application Form) from the Swiss Embassy or Consulate General in your home country.
Switzerland Student VISA FAQs
Do I need to apply for a visa if I am coming from a country outside the EU?
Yes, there are three different types of visas you can apply for. You will need to know which type is most suitable for your situation: transit, short stay (less than three months) or long stay. The cost of the visa depends on which type you apply for and how long it is valid. Transit visas are free, but they only allow you to pass through Switzerland and cannot be used to work or study in the country. Short stay visas allow people to visit Switzerland for up to three months without the need for a work permit. These visas must be applied for before entering the country, but they do not require an invitation letter from Swiss authorities.
- International students who have completed a Bachelor’s degree and are interested in pursuing an MSc or PhD in any field of study are eligible for switzerland scholarships.
- There are two funding opportunities available: the Swiss University Scholarship Programme and the Federal Funding Programme.
- Students awarded with a Swiss University Scholarship will receive CHF 15,000 per year for three years to fund their studies at ETH Zurich, EPFL, FHNW, HEC Lausanne, or University of Geneva.
Stay Updated and get notification of opportunities first By joining us on Facebook, Telegram and Whats app.
More Scholarships for you:
- Concordia University Scholarships for 2023 in Canada – Fully Funded
- Utrecht Excellence Scholarships 2023 in Netherlands
- Deans scholarship 2023 – Merit Based Scholarship Program
- Study in Hungary Without IELTS | Hungary Scholarships 2023
- Liberty University scholarship 2023 | Student Aid Program
- UST Scholarships 2023 in South Korea – Fully Funded
- Russian Government Scholarships 2023 (Apply Now)
- National Merit Corporate Scholarship In USA 2023