Azerbaijan Government Scholarship, also known as AzGLS, is a merit-based scholarship program that provides financial support to students to study in Azerbaijan. AzGLS will select students who will have the opportunity to get an Azerbaijani government funded degree at more than 1,000 Azeri universities and colleges around the world. These scholarships are available to pursue graduate and undergraduate degrees in various subjects including Master’s programs, PhD and undergraduate degrees.
General information about the scholarship
Azerbaijan government is offering Azerbaijan government scholarship. The Ministry of Education of Azerbaijan Republic invites international students to apply for Azerbaijan government scholarship from all over world to study in Azerbaijani universities. It is a unique opportunity for prospective undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral and MBA students to benefit from what one of the most successful higher education systems in the region has to offer.
Azerbaijan Government Scholarship 2022
- Country: Azerbaijan
- Period: It depends on the program and the university schedule.
- Degree level: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD Degree
- Deadline: 01 April 2022
Requirements for applicants
To be eligible for Azerbaijani Government Scholarship, applicants must be:
- Registered as full-time PhD or MSc students at a university in Azerbaijan.
- They must pass all language exams at or above B2 level in English, Russian and Azerbaijani.
- Applicants must hold a valid passport that is recognized by Azerbaijani authorities.
- Applicants who already hold citizenship of Azerbaijan are not eligible for Azerbaijan Government Scholarships.
How to apply
Azerbaijan Government offers scholarship to foreign citizens in 5 different categories, they are: scholars, post-graduates and PhD students, experts, teachers and talented youth. In order to apply for Azerbaijan Government Scholarship you have to go through 2-stages application process, first of all you should register yourself on Azertu portal. The registration is free of charge and takes about 10 minutes.
Also apply for Bocconi University Scholarships 2022 | Fully Funded
What are the benefits?
A one-year scholarship is available for students who meet certain academic requirements. Scholarships cover tuition and provide a stipend for living expenses.
Who can apply?
Any student from a foreign country can apply for Azerbaijan government scholarship. The student must have completed his/her secondary education and have an unconditional offer from an Azerbaijani university in order to apply. A minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is required for applying for Azerbaijan government scholarship for international students.
Also apply for Government of Germany DAAD Scholarships 2023-24
Frequently asked questions
- How long is the scholarship for?
- Scholarships are issued for a maximum of 12 months.
- Could I start my grant before/after September 1, 2022?
- No, all applicants must start their scholarship in September 2022.
- What happens if I fail to meet any requirements outlined in Section 3 of MYZAMET scholarship application form (current and expected academic performance during 2018-2019)?
- The whole submission will be cancelled and no student admitted on MYZAMET scholarship with regards to our contract with Azerbaijan government.
Submitting your application
An application for government scholarships will be submitted online, where you’ll have to provide basic personal information. You’ll also need to send a copy of your passport, as well as university transcript (along with translations in English and Azerbaijani). More than one essay may be required depending on what scholarship(s) you’re applying for.